about 1 month ago
£35,000 - £40,000
I am currently working with a dynamic and innovative business who design bespoke machinery across a number of industries. This role is for someone who enjoys variety and having to solve different solutions for each project.
The company is looking for a highly motivated Design Control Systems Engineer to be responsible for engineering new and existing projects.
The Control Systems Design Engineer role is focused on creation of products in line with customer requirements and budget. You will be required to provide updates to customers and host design reviews internally and externally, visiting sites where necessary.
You will be expected to have a comprehensive understanding of PLC & HMI programming, to be able tocreate programs for bespoke systems through modification of existing software and creation of new software.
- Independent programming of Siemens PCL / HMI based systems – compulsory requirement.
- Reading and understanding of P&IDs, specifications & control narratives.
- Carry out regular design reviews with the team and/or customer.
- Specification of requirements to allow third parties to design & build Control Panels.
- Management of third parties designing electrical control panels.
- Checking of third-party designs including but not limited to: Control Panel electrical design, electrical component selection, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic actuation components.
- PLC & HMI programming (Siemens PLC).
- Understanding of relevant industry standards.
- Electrical design2D & 3D CAD modelling (SolidWorks preferred) and Autocad
Experience & Qualifications:
- Proven working experience as an Electrical Design / Controls Engineer programming PLCs (~ 5 years min)
- BEng or BSc (Hons) in mechanical Electrical Engineering or equivalent (min 2.1), will consider relevant experience and commitment to CPD for the right candidate.
- Control of electro-mechanical systems, hydraulics and pneumatics or associated supply.