about 1 month ago
Delve Recruitment are currently working with an innovative and well-established manufacturing/engineering business who are looking to add an Electrical Controls Engineer to their growing Engineering team.
Reporting into the Engineering Design Manager and sitting within the Engineering team, the purpose of the role is to provide effective design solutions related to Sales Projects and develop future equipment. Within the role, you will be required to manage and control complete projects or sub parts of large contracts to meet customer expectations and technical specifications.
To assist in the establishment of good engineering practice within the department and the company as a whole and to produce concise, accurate and technically competent 2D schematic layouts.
Ideally, you will have design knowledge/appreciation for controls systems i.e. sensors, PLCs and inverters and be capable of creating and interpreting schematics and wiring diagrams.
There will also be a long-term development opportunity to work on the mechanical side of the business. This will incorporate a training package on their 3D CAD software Solidworks which will follow on with the opportunity to work on small mechanical detailing and design jobs.
Daily duties will involve (once developed into the role):
- Designing and programming for PLC’s (Siemens Logo) Servos, VFD’s and other hardware
- Review and maintain systems and identify improvements in the current system design
- Design and develop 2D control box layouts with full wiring schematics
- The generation of detail drawings and Bills of Materials related to those designs
- Liaising with the Operations department to ensure that concise information is provided to ensure timely completion of all work
- Liaising with customers, suppliers and subcontractors
- Providing after sales technical and field service support
- Participating in customer demonstrations and product trials
- Writing and development of customers operating and maintenance manuals
- Visits to customer sites to review existing equipment and assist with any installation issues
- Degree in Automation, Controls or Electrical Engineering
- Experience working with special purpose machinery – ideally around 1-3 years
- Excellent organisation skills
- PLC's experience
- Experience with Electrical Design
- Adaptability and flexibility as this role will incorporate the opportunity to learn and diversify in other areas within Engineering such as Mechanical, Design and using their system to create BOM’s
- The right person for this role and company must have a great attitude and a real enthusiasm and desire for learning
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good knowledge of engineering practices and techniques
As an Electrical Controls Engineer, alongside from being part of a company with excellent values, you will receive a competitive starting salary with a great company package.
This includes: company wide annual profit share scheme, pension 6%+7.5%, 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
The standard working hours are Monday to Friday 08:30am - 16:30pm.
The company have a great working environment and look after their staff, this includes recognising talent in relation for career development.
This is a great opportunity to take forwards your career in Engineering!