+ company package
22 days ago
£25,000 - £30,000 depending on experience plus company package
Delve Recruitment are currently working with a well-established design and manufacturing business with a global reach who are currently looking to add a graduate electrical or Mechanical Design Engineer into their small design team.
Reporting into the Design Manager, this is great opportunity for a graduate electrical or mechanical design engineer looking to take forwards their career within an innovative engineering business. There will be added mentoring support for the first 12 months to develop your knowledge in their product lines. Day to day there will be a mix of variety and some routine tasks. Looking further forwards they are a company that recognises potential so for the right person this could unlock progression opportunities across the business in potentially other value streams.
Daily duties will involve:
- Duties across the whole of the process including processing PO’s, CAD drawings, technical bids, manufacturing specs, testing criteria
- Given plenty of support from the line manager but also encouraged to develop independence
- Working closely with the sales team internally and customer externally
- Be able to fully understand the customer requirements i.e electrical performance, product feasibility
- Degree in Engineering, electrical or mechanical
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in any engineering industry (Oil and Gas is advantageous)
- Proficient in 2D CAD software, preferably Autodesk products (3D CAD Solidworks is advantageous)
- Sound theoretical knowledge – basic electrical theory, basic hydraulics, materials, stress and strain, fatigue
- Proficient in MS Office including Excel, Outlook and Word
- Knowledge of Quality in ISO 9001 is advantageous
- Hardworking work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
- Good decision-making ability
- Diplomatic in the sense of being able to communicate effectively with other internal departments
You will receive a competitive starting salary of circa £25k + depending on experience plus good company package. Alongside this you should expect to become part of a close-knit team and a clean working environment. There will be plenty of support as part of the induction and beyond with progression potential moving forwards.
If this seems like the ideal opportunity for you, please don’t hesitate to apply!