7 months ago
We are looking to support an engineering company looking for an Electrical Engineer/Technician. The company design and manufacture bespoke capital equipment that is supplied globally and are a dynamic and growing business.
Reporting into the Electrical lead and working within a team, the purpose of the role is to provide electrical assembly, test and fault-finding capabilities to produce equipment to agreed specification, on time and within budget. This role will be varied as each project is bespoke so although it will be Electrically biased, there will still be some Mechanical elements to get stuck into. The company are looking for someone with an Electrical bias who wants to develop their career forwards and will provide training to facilitate this.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures - using hand tools and power tools
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes
- Electrical apprenticeship (level 3) as a minimum - you must be Electrically qualified from a base line skills perspective
- Could be straight out of an Apprenticeship or have a few years’ experience in industry
- Flexibility in general as there is potential for travelling to customer sites with this role, 25% max
- Must have an excellent attitude and willingness to learn
For a 37.5 working week, you will receive a generous entry level base salary alongside 25 days holidays plus bank holidays, pension contribution scheme, overtime, sick pay scheme, 3 x life assurance plus other benefits. You will be part of a family run business who have a great working environment and are a friendly, close-knit team. This is a great opportunity to work in a great environment with some flexibility with working hours to suit.
If this seems like the ideal opportunity for you, please don’t hesitate to apply!