pro rata, amount dependant on experience
20 days ago
Temp role covering maternity leave
Full or part time hours
Flexi hours and working from home
Delve are currently working with an innovative machine build company, part of a larger global group, who are looking for a Senior Buyer with engineering buying experience to join their small Purchasing team to cover a temporary maternity leave.
*Please note this job is only suitable as a temporary post, either full time or part time hours.
Reporting into the Purchasing Manager, you will be part of a small team responsible for purchasing mechanical and electronic parts i.e. fabricated and CNC mechanical parts. They are taking a more proactive approach so you will be getting involved in more of a strategic focus with their supplier base.
- Show initiative in defining a need for the business, sourcing, quoting and leading negotiations in line with company demand
- Be able to influence decision making with both internal and external stakeholders
- Be the point of contact between suppliers and internal customers
- Working closely with internal stakeholders and the Purchasing Manager to understand the business requirements and help to translate into a sourcing strategy
- Lead the sourcing of fabricated and CNC mechanical parts
- Resolving urgent component shortages
- Running MRP on a regular and timely basis
- Negotiating with suppliers to achieve cost reduction targets
- Resolving all invoice queries
- Ensuring all part records are kept up to date with latest prices / volume discounts etc
- Resolving any delivery discrepancies promptly and working with suppliers to minimise future discrepancies
- Experience working within a manufacturing or engineering environment
- CIPS qualified or working towards a strong preference
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Competent with MS Word and Excel
- Desire to gain more responsibility, not be afraid to get involved
- Must have a great, proactive attitude and personality
- Willing to learn and develop
You will receive a salary of up to circa £35k pro rata dependant on experience along with their company package including death in service x 4, 25 days holidays + bank holidays, company pension up to employee 6% contribution, company sick pay after 3 months.
They also have true flexible working hours with core hours 10am-3pm and they have adapted working from home up to 2 days a week beyond the covid regulations. They have a great, clean working environment and friendly team, this is a great opportunity to join a great business!
If this seems like the ideal opportunity for you, please don’t hesitate to apply.