High Peak, Derbyshire
£40000 - £60000 per annum
28 days ago
Engineering Design Team Leader
- Engineering Design Team Leader- succession plan for more senior positions
- Leading manufacturer of mechanisms and plastic based products
- Based North Derbyshire
- Salary dependent on level -£45k-£65k per annum
- Fantastic culture- people centric business
As part of a succession plan, we are working with this specialist engineering manufacturing business to hire a new team leader. They are open to the level that this person could come into the business - ultimately there is the opportunity for this role to take over as a technical director.
The right person for this role will be a naturally creative and innovative thinker, with a passion for research and development, looking for a role that offers a blend of technical engineering and management. You will be managing a small team of initially six engineers with the view to growing this as the company grows.
The right candidate will have a natural desire to work with new technology taking projects from concept to completion, and have experience working with plastics / injection moulded parts with good mechanical engineering knowledge. You will have a mechanical engineering degree (or related) with an excellent understanding of engineering concepts.
- Degree qualified mechanical engineer;
- Good knowledge of plastics and injection moulded products is key;
- Experience managing a team;
- Experience taking projects from initial concept through to manufacture;
- Experience working in a high volume manufacturing environment (DFM).
- New Product Introduction
- Electrical awareness
- Test Rig Development
- It's a people business and therefore it is essential that the person coming into the organisation is able to work with people at different levels.
THE PLACE & THE PEOPLE
The people really make this business in terms of the culture, it is the type of business where you walk through the doors and everyone smiles at you and wants to help, making it a nice environment to work in.
In return, you will work for a market leader with genuine progression opportunities as the company continues to grow across this site and other in the UK. The benefits package includes a minimum of 30 days holiday, excellent pension, healthcare and dental. You will also get the opportunity to travel to other location across the globe.
If you are interested, please apply and one of our lead consultants will be in touch.
Similar job titles: Engineering Manager, Design Manager, R&D Manager, NPD manager, Design Team Leader.