16 days ago
Flexi core hours and working from home
Delve are currently working with an innovative machine build company, part of a larger global group, who are looking for an Expeditor to join their small Purchasing team.
Reporting into the Supply Chain Manager, you will be working within a small Purchasing team responsible for managing everything in relation to deliveries from suppliers and orders going out the door. They are looking for an Expeditor with experience in a similar role, but open to background in terms of sector. Depending on your aspirations, there could be opportunity to take forwards a career within Purchasing in the future.
- Track orders from placement through to delivery
- Maintain accurate delivery dates within the supplier database
- Be aware of, and to chase overdue deliveries
- Contribute to the target of 95% On Time Delivery
- Feedback to suppliers of their On Time Delivery performance each month
- Update production schedules to suppliers on a monthly basis, or as required by changes in the business production plan
- Attend production meetings and deputise for the Supply Chain Manager as required
- Work with stores and suppliers to return defects to suppliers and monitor their prompt return
- Update Works orders with expected latest supplier deliveries
- Performing clerical duties, maintaining accurate records and adhering to established procedures, policies, instructions and guidelines
- Any other Ad-hoc purchasing tasks as directed by the Supply Chain Manager
- Previous Expediting experience is a preference
- Background is open in terms of industry
- However you could be a Supply Chain graduate looking to start a career within Purchasing
- ERP system experience could be beneficial but not essential, just a good level of general IT literacy
- Need to have basic Excel skills for data input
- Must have a proactive mindset and take a thorough and methodical approach
- Need to have a level of confidence to pick up the phone and chase suppliers
- Excellent attitude and willingness to learn
As an Expeditor, you will receive a salary of £22.5k dependant on experience for a 37.5hr working week. Their package consists of death in service x 4, 25 days holidays + bank holidays, company pension up to employee 6% contribution, company sick pay after 3 months. They also have true flexible working hours with core hours 10am-3pm and will be adapting working from home 2 days a week beyond the government covid advice.
They have a great, clean working environment and friendly team, this is a great opportunity to join a great business!
If this seems like the ideal opportunity for you, please don’t hesitate to apply.