£40,000 - £45,000
28 days ago
£45,000 + Over Time + Car
I am currently recruiting for a field service engineer to provide and perform field equipment support covering installations, training and routine preventative and corrective maintenance procedures on the full range of special purpose machinery. The business mainly supply into the FMCG sector and have a very good reputation in this industry.
- Respond promptly and effectively to requests from the Service Desk to attend customer sites.
- Install and perform routine preventative and corrective maintenance procedures on the full range of equipment to the required standard to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assist with customer training requirements.
- Provide technical telephone support to customers.
- Ensure that the company is represented in an efficient and professional manner, including adherence to the Company Code of Practice for conduct, appearance and transport.
- Adhere to customer’s factory rules and hygiene regulations and read their Health and Safety Notices to Contractors where appropriate.
- Ensure that service/fault finding activity is arranged to cause minimum disruption to customer.
- Ensure that necessary tools and components are available to complete the job and that they are in a good condition and maintained to ensure they are always fully operational.
- Resolve situations as quickly and efficiently as possible liaising with the customer as required, reporting findings to Service Team Leader.
- Manage adequate stocks of useable spares and ensure accurate records of stocks held and used are maintained.
- Ensure that expenses are paid by Company credit card and that claims are filled in accurately, are submitted promptly and that all expenditure is supported by appropriate receipts.
- Ensure that time sheets for weekdays and weekend working are filled in accurately and submitted as soon as practicable. Failure to do so may affect salary payments.
- Upon instruction from the Service Team Leader, provide practical and technical assistance to the mechanical and electrical assembly teams, including assembly work, testing and inspection, assessment of hire machines etc.
- Participate in the training and development of mechanical and electrical assembly team members
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective
performance of the role
If this is of interest please apply or contact email@example.com