£20000 - £25000 per annum
22 days ago
Mechanical Design Engineer - Research & Development Department
£25,000 - £28,000 depending on level of experience.
- Interested in working with luxury car manufacturers?
- Leading supplier of bespoke equipment for the automotive industry.
- Excellent opportunity to get into R&D or design.
- Requires good hands-on engineering knowledge.
- If you are passionate about cars, this company will be perfect for you.
We are representing a unique engineering client who design, develop and manufacture bespoke equipment for the automotive industry, working with world-renowned brands such as Ferrari, Lotus and JLR.
Job Purpose: To work on the design and development of bespoke, machined parts for thre automotive industry, working closely with the Senior Engineers.
You will be supporting the design and development engineers designing bespoke parts. You will also be working on calculations, documentation and supporting with project management.
In terms of your background, you will have a Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar such as Motorsport, ideally with a year in industry or you will have a passion for cars and the automotive industry.
- Degree qualified (HND in Engineering minimum), or from an apprenticeship background.
- Good knowledge of 2d design software including Inventor or SolidWorks.
- Good hands-on engineering skills either in testing, machining, maintenance, stripping engines down (could be from a forces background).
- Desire to develop and grow within the role and business and have an interest in research and development.
- Able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Team Player yet self-sufficient
- Good people skills
In Return: The people really make this business and the culture is very unique, it is the type of business where you walk through the doors and everyone smiles at you and wants to help. Many of the employees also have similar hobbies in engineering such as building and rebuilding cars and motorcycles so it's a nice environment to be in.
This is a very important appointment, our client has been very successful in building a pro-active, positive and "can do" environment, it is key that the right person has the same attributes. If you are interested in hearing more detail about this opportunity, please apply direct or email James Taylor at DELVE Recruitment.
This is an excellent opportuity to progress inot a Development Engineering role.
Relevant job titles: Development Engineer, Design Engineer, Engineering Technician, Technician, Apprentice, Graduate Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Service Engineer.