pension scheme, 25 holidays + bank holidays
22 days ago
Competitive entry salary + company benefits
Delve are currently working with an innovative international engineering business who are looking for an Expeditor & Inventory Planner (Purchasing Assistant) to add support to their small purchasing team. This is a key role to ensure on time delivery, and they are keen to hire asap.
Reporting into the Purchasing Manager, this role is a key support function within the purchasing team to ultimately make sure deliveries and stock are on track and up to date. Day to day you will be chasing and tracking supplier parts, allocating parts to projects internally, processing bill of materials, checking stock levels and creating weekly reports for the project team that highlight the progress and any delays. You will be liaising face to face with different departments internally such as purchasing, design, projects, engineering and suppliers directly on the phone and email.
Qualifications and Skills
- Be a graduate in any discipline or have manufacturing environment experience, Supply Chain is ideal
- Interest within engineering/manufacturing and pursuing a career in purchasing
- Experience using an MRP system is advantageous but can be learnt, they use Sage
- Must have strong Excel skills – be familiar with vlookups and pivot tables
- Excellent communicator and have confidence to call and chase suppliers i.e. not hide behind an email if it needs following up
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organisation and very strong attention to detail
- Great upbeat personality, natural people person
You will receive a generous entry level base salary alongside 25 days holidays, pension scheme and various other benefits. You will also receive full training on their Sage computer system and will support CIPS qualification. You will be part of a family run business who have a great working environment and are a friendly, close-knit team. This is a great opportunity to start your career in Purchasing within an established engineering business!
If this seems like the ideal opportunity for you, please don’t hesitate to apply.