Profit share shceme, pension, bupa
21 days ago
Suitable to someone currently in an Applications/Sales or Project Engineer role
Delve Recruitment are currently working with an innovative, growing, forwards thinking manufacturing/engineering business who are looking to add an extremely ambitious technical sales, applications engineer or sales engineer (or similar) to their small team with the prospect of developing into a Key Account Manager role and opportunity to develop further.
Reporting to the Director of Sales you will be a key member of the sales and marketing team playing an instrumental role to the future growth of the business. As the Key Account Manager, it will be your responsibility to oversee the relationships of their largest customer accounts. As your experience develops you will also be given every opportunity to grow and develop relationships with potential new customers. This is recognised as an entry role to develop into so plenty of support and training will be provided to take your career forwards within Sales. This is about having the right technical background, attitude and aspirations to move from technical towards a commercial career.
Daily duties will involve (once developed into the role):
- Proactively manage and grow some of their key existing accounts
- Understand the needs of our customers and react quickly and efficiently, working closely with the other departments within the business to meet and excel them
- Develop a good understanding of the company’s products and services and be able to provide recommendations, product selections and technical support
- Promote the company’s products and services on the phone and with customers visits
- Respond to incoming telephone and online enquiries and generate quotations as required, actioning follow up activities.
- Set financial targets for existing clients
- Conduct research and identify new market opportunities and customer needs
- Identify new business opportunities – including new and existing markets, new and existing product lines and manage potential product developments
- Progressively grow customer account base through establishing new client relationships
- Generate and follow up on potential sale leads and opportunities
- Think strategically and see the bigger picture
- Self-set aims and objectives in order to develop and grow the business
- Working closely within the Sales and Marketing team; plan and initiate new marketing initiatives
- To attend and present the company at trade shows and exhibitions
- Report and present findings to internal stakeholder during regular sales meetings
- 2 - 5 years experience as an Applications Engineer, Sales Engineer, Project Engineer or any similar technical sales background
- Degree or HNC/HND desirable
- Few years experience within Technical Sales
- Work to deadline and targets
- Flexible for customer visits in the UK and overseas as and when required
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Experience on ERP software is desirable
- Dynamic, adaptable, switched on, enthusiastic character
- Aspirational due to opportunity for career development
You will receive a competitive starting salary with a great company package including - annual profit share scheme, pension 6%+7.5%, Bupa cashback plan. The standard working hours are Monday to Friday 08:30am - 16:30pm. The company have a great working environment and look after their staff, this includes recognising talent in relation for career development.
This is a great opportunity to take forwards your career from Technical into Commercial!