Oldham, Greater Manchester
£17000 - £20000 per annum
4 months ago
Lab Technician (R&D) - Oldham
£17,000 - £20,000 + excellent benefits & flexi-time
* Excellent communication skills, comfortable in a customer facing role.
* Interest in R&D and desire to progress career.
Our client is a global specialist in the design, development and manufacture of special purpose automated machinery. They are owned by a global organisation who are investing in innovation at our clients site in the North-West to develop the next generation of products, which is where this position comes in.
We are looking for a R&D Technician to work in a small, specialised R&D team. The purpose of the team is to develop new processes for the packaging machinery operate at better efficiency, whilst also helping to develop the machines themselves.
In terms of the day-to-day you will be responsible for the following:
* Day to day running of the film testing laboratory includes:
* Identify and resolve issues with laboratory equipment
* Look after the gas delivery systems including the changing of lab gas bottles
* Management and continuous development of the R&D measurement spreadsheet
* Report writing to summarise measurements obtained
* Documentation of procedures
* Assist on machines during process trials
* Provide basic training to our employees and customers on the use of the laboratory equipment and lab processes
Type of background:
* Ideally Degree qualified in a technical field such as engineering or science.
* Alternatively, someone who doesn't have a Degree but does have a wealth of experience working in a scientific or engineering environment will be considered.
Type of person:
* It's very important that this person is very organised, able to efficiently use Microsoft Excel etc, but most importantly, is a confident communicator.
If you think you have the engineering background, communication skills and willingness/ability to learn that is required for this role, please apply and someone from Delve Recruitment Ltd will be in touch.
Other job titles: lab technician, R&D technician, maintainer/operating, maintenance engineer, service engineer, forces, mechanical engineer, electrical engineer.