£40000 - £50000 per annum
6 months ago
21 Sep 00:00
Manufacturing Engineer - Precision Machined Components Processes
£40,000 - £50,000
- Precision machined components for the automotive
- Unique opportunity to implement Lead / SMED from scratch.
- No previous failed attempts at implementing, no resistance.
- Excellent opportunity to progress into a Group role (this is one of four large divisions).
- Experience with machined components key.
Job Purpose: To implement Lean Manufacturing, SMED and 5s from scratch. This hasn't been attempted formally yet over the 60-year business history, so this is an exciting opportunity.
Is This Company For You?
The people really make this business and the culture is very unique, it is the type of business where you walk through the doors and everyone smiles at you and wants to help. Many of the employees also have similar hobbies within engineering such as building and rebuilding cars and motorcycles so it's a nice environment to be in.
Our client is part of a global engineering group, and are considered as the market leader in the design and manufacture of bespoke, precision machined components for the heavy industry including agricultural, construction and marine.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
We are looking for an ambitious Continuous Improvement / Manufacturing Engineer who wants to work for a dynamic business where they can implement new processes from scratch. The company are a unique business with a real 'people-centric' feel to them. They are growing quickly and therefore want like-minded ambitious people to progress their career as the company grows. We are looking for an engineer who has a grasp of the principles of lean and can then apply them to their production environment.
- Implement modern Lean Manufacturing.
- Focus on the development of a continuous improvement culture within the organisation, guiding product and process improvement activities by promoting the utilisation of lean manufacturing methods, and by creating standards and work instructions.
- Identify areas for improvement and take ownership of making the relevant changes.
- Work towards the operation activities in achieving the objectives set out annually.
- Focus on Waste reduction initiatives and ultimately Lead Time reduction in order to be more responsive to customer demands.
- Good Technical Education to HNC/HND/Degree level complemented by a good practical skill base.
- Essential that you have experience working with precision / machined components and processes.
- Excellent knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Good knowledge of 8D, 5S, Kaizan, SMED ect.
- Experience of working with CAD and/or 3D Modelling
- Good Practical Engineering skills and approach, knowledge of machining.
The company is part of a global organisation and offer excellent benefits. This is a totally new role so this is a genuinely exciting opportunity to put your own stamp on a business - if you are interested in this opportunity please apply or call James Taylor at Delve Recruitment Ltd.
Other job titles: "production engineer", "CI Engineer", "continuous improvement engineer", "lean engineer", "development engineer", "manufacturing engineer", "maintenance engineer", "tooling engineer", "service engineer", "development engineer", "process engineer", "machine shop manager".
Key words: Process, Lean, SMED, process, 5s, kaizen, manufacturing, engineering, mechanical, NPI, machining, automotive, improvements.