about 1 month ago
Delve Recruitment are currently working with an innovative and well-established manufacturing/engineering business who are looking to add a Materials Scientist to their R&D team in Cheshire.
You will ultimately be responsible for researching, designing, modifying, testing and developing improved materials to advance technology and products within the business. Reporting into the R&D Manager, this is a brand-new role to the business within a small R&D team.
You could come from an academic (PhD) or industrial route, but you will need to have as a minimum a Degree or Masters in Chemistry or Materials Science with in depth knowledge of graphite/graphene adsorption.
Daily duties will involve:
- Material formulation and physical characterisation
- Material testing – running experiments to measure adsorption capacity
- Reactor design and testing - work with design team and process chemist to optimise reactor design and operational process parameters
- Reporting results to line manager and R&D team
- Involvement in meetings in relation to on-going development
- There will be a rough split of 60% hands on and 40% desk based duties
- Degree, MSc or PhD in Materials Science or Chemistry
- At least 1 years’ experience practical lab work experience
- Experience with high level R&D projects
- Must have expertise and practical experience with graphite/graphene
- Expertise with surface science/surface engineering/surface chemistry
- Excellent knowledge of adsorption
- Good knowledge of heterogenous catalysis
- Knowledge of organic chemistry
- Must have excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Hands on and creative attitude
As a Materials Scientist, the company offer a competitive salary dependant on skills and experience plus package. Due to the nature of the role a higher proportion of your work requires you to be hands on at the site, however there can be some flexible working (working from home) for the report writing side of the role.
They are a friendly company so expect a great working environment and to be part of a close-knit team.
They are looking for a niche skill set so if this sounds of interest please don’t hesitate to apply or ask for more details.