25 days ago
Full Time - Permanent
Special Purpose Machinery
£35,000 - £40,000
I am currently recruiting for a mechanical design engineer for an engineering business based in Blackburn. They design and manufacture bespoke machinery for a targeted industry.
This is a great opportunity for someone who likes to manage their own projects while having the responsibility for mechanical design work.
Due to the bespoke nature of what they do they are one of the leaders within their field.
Required Skills and Behaviours
- You will need to have experience of designing machinery (electromechanical equipment)
- Liaise with systems design engineers to ensure the machine design is electrically and mechanically compatible
- Design to tight tolerance
- Experience of managing projects from request to manufacture
- Understand the importance of quality work and maintain agreed working standards to ensure work is produced to get it right first time
- Have at least 3 years experience
- Positive communicator and motivator
- Well organised
- Design for manufacture experience
- Work to tight deadlines
- Resilience and a passion for continuous improvement
If this is of interest to you, please apply or contact Sarah Farrugia – firstname.lastname@example.org