Oldham, Greater Manchester
£35000 - £42000 per annum
16 days ago
Mechanical Design Engineer - Bespoke Machinery
£35,000 - £42,000 + Over-Time + Excellent pension
- Highly technical bespoke machinery - very interesting work.
- Great support from othert engineers in the team, thisn is bespoke kit so someone having relevant experience is unlikely so there will be training.
- Very warm culture, low turnover of staff and great team feel.
DELVE is supporting a growing SME who design and build special-purpose machinery from their manufacturing facility basedin the Greater Manchester area. They are looking for an individual who will join a team of 5 experienced engineers who manage all design from concept through to completion.
The role will include responsibility for new projects and the on-going development of current products. The successful candidate will contribute to the companies success by working not only on their own initiative but also by working with other departments in the business, suppliers and customers.
- Using PTC CREO 3D CAD package to design new products and mechanisms, and modify existing parts.
- Value engineering projects.
- Contributing to design discussions.
- Performing calculations to verify designs.
- Progressing projects for new parts and assemblies from conceptual design through into production.
- Carrying out testing and quality checks on both new and existing parts.
- Responsibility for the creation of new bills of materials and the manipulation of existing bills.
- Liaising with suppliers with regards to parts manufacture, delivery and cost.
- Completing documentation for products including test certificates, user manuals and assembly instructions.
- Creating technical drawings for both new and existing parts.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- UK based degree in Engineering, Physics or Maths.
- Minimum 1 year of industrial experience in a Design Engineer role.
- IT Literate, including competence with Microsoft Office.
- Proficient at working with spreadsheets.
Desirable Experience Includes:
- Training and/or experience in Manufacturing Engineering.
- Hands-on experience with machining or mechanical assembly would be beneficial.
- Working knowledge or interest in electrics would be beneficial.
In return, you can expect a competitive package including a company pension and death-in-service benefit. You will be put on a comprehensive in-house training programme to get you fully up-to-speed with the wide range of products manufactured. On-going support will be provided to ensure you maintain the company's high standards