£35000 - £40000 per annum
17 days ago
Mechanical Quality Engineer - Nr Preston
£35,000 - £40,000 | Excellent Pension | Flex-time
Is This Company For You?
The people really make this business and the culture is very unique, it is the type of business where you walk through the doors and everyone smiles at you and wants to help. Many of the employees also have similar hobbies within engineering such as building and rebuilding cars and motorcycles so it's a nice environment to be in.
Our client is part of a global engineering group, and are considered as the market leader in the design and manufacture of special purpose equipment for the automotive industry.
Job Purpose: As the senior engineer in the team, you will be dealing with quality related issues and taking ownership of solving these problems. Working to standards such as IATF, PPAP, APQP, TS and ISO9001.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Take responsibility for leading the investigations and analysing all in-house concerns; through the 8D problem-solving process to ensure identification of root cause(s) and implementation of robust corrective and preventative actions
- To report and act upon quality department KPI's
- To utilise data analysis and monitor to support problem-solving processes
- To ensure that all new processes are verified in accordance with the IATF and Customer requirements and Conduct capability studies on manufacturing processes, (in conjunction with manufacturing engineering)
- To carry out MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) studies
- To carry out PPAP approvals as required
- To conduct internal quality audits, generate audit reports and ensure timely closure of non-conformances
- Good Technical Education to HNC/HND/Degree level complemented by a good practical skill base.
- Experience working with ISO/TS16949 or IATF1694.
- Experience working with APQP, PPAP, FMEAs.
- Good Practical Engineering skills and approach
- Sound understanding of lean thinking, tools and application.
The company is part of a global organisation and offer excellent benefits - if you are interested in this opportunity please apply or call James Taylor at Delve Recruitment Ltd.
Other job titles: Quality Engineer, Supplier Quality Engineer, Quality Assurance Engineer, Quality Systems Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Production Engineer.