3 months ago
Up to £50,000 + yearly bonus
Delve Recruitment are currently working with an engineering equipment manufacturer part of a larger group who are looking to appoint a Production Manager with an engineering/machine build background who actively wants to develop their career moving forwards.
Reporting into the Operations Manager, you will be supporting the senior management team with all Operational activities in the facility and ultimately ensuring on time delivery to the required cost, safety and quality standards. This role is ideally suited to someone with experience from smaller businesses as the assembly site in Derby is fairly small and you will wear many hats. Each day can be very changeable, flexibility is key.
You will have a period of developing fully into Production Manager as the role is due to a retirement.
Daily duties will involve:
- Support the initiative of the facility having a greater focus on the production of the standard product range
- Establishes and maintains Key Performance Indicators (KPI) that provide feedback on operational deliverables
- Report monthly on improvement initiatives (process, cost, quality) to senior management team.
- Ensure all tasks within operations are performed to existing and developing Oracle (MRP) best practices
- Working within the Production Team, monitor, maintain and manage the production scheduling system on a daily basis, resolving any issues within a timely fashion to ensure the on-time delivery of products.
- Provide support with the introduction of new products and standard product revisions to ensure operational planning requirements are completed on time and within budget.
- To be the internal point of contact for ongoing Sales Order schedule updates and potential future Sales delivery schedules.
- Responsible for manpower and asset requirements to ensure utilisation and customer service targets are met.
- Work with Engineering team to standardise products and realise year on year cost reduction.
- Support Manufacturing Engineer to produce and maintain modular and machine build documentation.
- Assist Procurement team with regard to engineering or technical manufacturing issues and delivery of critical items.
- Liaise with inspection department over any quality issues and ensure they are resolved in a timely manner
- Support the Project team in the execution of custom product
- Attend Health and Safety committee meetings and participate in area safety inspections
- Highly desirable - Degree in Engineering or Operations Management or at minimum a HNC/HND
- Absolute essential - must be from a bespoke machine build, assembly, workshop engineering environment (not high-volume production lines)
- Background and knowledge in Production Planning/Scheduling would be highly advantageous
- Aspirational to develop your career
- Excellent leadership qualities
- Dynamic, engaging character
- Flexible to adapt to changes
- Work effectively across departments
- Experience on MRP systems (Oracle a preference)
- Basic experience with Lean tools and techniques, drive it forwards
- Commercial awareness
You will receive a competitive salary plus company package including a company/personal performance bonus, 5%+5% pension, 33 days holidays including bank holidays. Alongside this you should expect a good, clean working environment with genuine prospects of taking your career forwards through Production Management to Operations Management due to future succession planning.
If this seems like the ideal opportunity for you, please don’t hesitate to apply now!