Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
£35000 - £40000 per annum
4 months ago
Project Design Engineer | Bespoke Machinery | Ellesmere Port
- Very innovative and versatile business who design, develop and manufacture on-site.
- Excellent culture - full of passionate engineers and approachable people.
- Bespoke machinery design.
- Excellent opportunity to grow with the business in the long-term.
Are you looking for a business where you can grow in the long-term and develop your career? Our client is part of a global group of companies who are specialists in the design, development and manufacture of bespoke machines supplied across the globe.
This is a very varied opportunity; if you are bored with simply doing detailed design work, or you have some design experience working in a manufacturing/production environment, then this could be a good match. You will be involved in the project from start to finish, the role will consist of going to meet customers to understand their requirements, although not on every project, you could be going up the road to Cheshire or flying to one of many customers in Europe or the Middle-East. You will then work on the detailed design, analysis, calculations, physically and rigorously testing the product, BOMs and work with production and then support with commissioning, answering any questions the customer has along the way. There are applications and service engineers that also support with this, so you will be working closely with them.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Use of SolidWorks and AutoCAD to produce 3D and 2D drawings of engineered products
- Understand and convert concept drawings from customers into drawings for manufacture
- Experience of design for manufacture (DFM)
- Good experience in product test.
- Perform engineering calculations to understand mechanical parameters of engineered parts
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to industry standards
- Organise and maintain existing engineering records
If you feel this opportunity sounds like it fits your aspirations, please feel free to get in touch with James Taylor at Delve Recruitment Ltd for a confidential conversation on either 07872675988 or
Relevant job titles: "design engineer", "project engineer", "mechanical design engineer", "development engineer", "mechanical engineer", "manufacturing engineer", "production engineer", "mechanical design engineer", "mechanical designer", "project design engineer", "senior design engineer".