13 days ago
£35,000 - £45,000
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing business who are recruiting for a Project Engineer/Manager to take ownership of the project function in the business. This is a new role where you can add real value and make your mark in the business.
The business design bespoke equipment so you will be involved with innovative and dynamic projects.
The company is looking for a highly motivated and accountable Project Engineer to be responsible for all engineering, technical and quality associated disciplines relating to new and existing projects. To be responsible for the planning, scheduling, forecasting, resource allocation, cost control and to manage all QA activities to assure project accuracy and quality from conception to completion.
The Project Engineer role is quite heavily focused on being the key link between sales, engineering, production and customer support; you will be required to provide regular updates to customers. Working with other levels of management such as Business Development Management (BDM) and Sales teams to scope out prospective projects, agree on timings and service level agreements with prospective customers, whilst negotiating with third party contractors.
As Project Engineer you will be expected to develop and maintain the business Quality Management System (QMS) with a focus on continuous improvement of the company Business Management System (BMS).
- Full Project Management capabilities
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualisations - 2D & 3D CAD
- Knowledge of pressure related products would be an advantage but not essential
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes; machining, welding, surface treatments etc
- Knowledge of high spec. materials, coatings and finishes including stainless and carbon steels, structural steels, elastomers and performance plastics
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
- Decision making ability and leadership skills
- Time management and organization skills
- Usage of Document Management Systems (EPDM)
- Usage of ERP/MRP/Accounting packages
- Strong IT skills: Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, Outlook etc
- Able to communicate effectively regarding matters of a technical nature to customers, both internal and external
- Proven working experience as a Project Engineer (project managing) – 10 years
- BEng or BSc (Hons) in mechanical engineering or equivalent (2.1 minimum)
- Experience of mechanical engineering, component manufacture, machining processes
- Experience working with bespoke systems / machine design and manufacture