4 months ago
Up to £43k dependant on experience plus package
Delve Recruitment are currently working with a well-established and dynamic design and manufacturing business with a global reach. Due to growth, they are currently looking to add a forward thinking and highly personable Project Manager to their team.
Reporting into the Senior Project Manager, you will sit in a small Projects team having responsibility over different business units. The product that they manufacture is technical supplied into the Oil & Gas sector so the right person should have a strong appreciation for technical manufacturing/engineering in general and experience juggling multiple projects at any one time with varying lead times and cost.
Daily duties will involve:
- Having responsibility of up to 5 – 10 projects at any one time
- Dealing with projects that have a variety of length (months), complexity (extra regulations and customer visibility) and value (e.g. £30k - £250k)
- Getting involved in ordering the PO, attending kick off meetings, liaising with various other departments, managing the plan and throughout having regular communication with the customer
- Communicating regularly with the customer
- Circa 2/3 - 8 years experience in a customer facing Project Manager role
- Degree in any Engineering discipline ideally Mechanical Engineering
- Relevant experience could be from within manufacturing/engineering or construction, Oil & Gas experience is advantageous
- Prince 2 and/or other similar PM quals will be advantageous but not essential
- Must be a natural ‘people person’ in order to build up relationships with the customers and internally across a variety of departments
- Ability to deal with awkward situations, confrontations and challenges
- Have passion towards the product and sector
- Team player
- Excellent soft skills
- Ability to follow an internal process but at the same time bring new ideas to the table in a respectable manner
As a Project Manager, you will receive a competitive starting salary of up to £43k plus company package. This includes annual bonus, private medical care, life assurance x 3, pension 5% employee + up to 4% employer contribution. Working hours day to day are 08:30-17:00 (1 hour for lunch).
Alongside this you should expect to become part of a close-knit team and a clean working environment. There will be training as part of the induction which covers industry specifics and training on their internal processes.
If this seems like the ideal opportunity for you, please don’t hesitate to apply!