Bolton, Greater Manchester
£25000 - £30000 per annum
about 1 month ago
QUALITY ENGINEER - BOLTON
£26,000 - £30,000 + Excellent benefits + Flexi-time
* Very secure business who design, develop and manufacture on-site.
* Excellent culture - full of passionate engineers and approachable people.
* Very diverse products supplied into various industries including automotive and aerospace
* Excellent opportunity to grow with the business in the long-term.
Are you looking for a business where you can grow in the long-term and develop your career? Our client is part of a global group of companies who are specialists in the design, development and manufacture of bespoke equipment and materials who offer excellent working conditions, job security and progression prospects.
We are looking for a Quality Technician or Quality Inspector who is looking to take a step up into an Engineers role. This is an excellent opportunity to bne mentored by the Senior Quality Engineer. You will be from a hands-on background such as having done an Apprenticeship, working with CMM machinery, and will have some of the following experiences:
- Apprentice trained and / or an HNC or equivalent qualification in an engineering discipline
- Experience in an Aerospace or equivalent engineering / manufacturing /machining environment
- Competent in the interpretation of engineering drawings and material standards
- Knowledge and experience of relevant international standards including AS9100 and ISO9001
- Enthusiastic but mature personality, with an eye for detail and a 'Can do!' attitude
Experience in some of the following would be good but not essential. Training will be provided:
- Qualification in Internal Auditing to AS9100, ISO9001 or ISO14001 with experience of carrying out the relating audits
- Experience of monitoring supplier performance and carrying out supplier audits
- Experience in the use of Coordinate Measuring Machines
- Training on PC-DMIS Level 1 and PC-DMIS CAD ++ software
- Understanding of 6S, Lean principles and 6 Sigma methodology
- Understanding of Lean principles
In Return: The people really make this business and the culture is very unique, it is the type of business where you walk through the doors and everyone smiles at you and wants to help. Many of the employees also have similar hobbies in engineering such as building and rebuilding cars and motorcycles so it's a nice environment to be in.
This is a very important appointment, our client has been very successful in building a pro-active, positive and "can do" environment, it is key that the right person has the same attributes. If you are interested in hearing more detail about this opportunity, please apply direct or email James Taylor at Delve Recruitment Ltd.
Other job titles: Quality engineer, quality inspector, quality technician, production engineer, manufacturing engineer.