25 holidays, death in service, 6% pension contribu
about 1 month ago
£32k-£38k depending on experience
Core flexi hours and hybrid working from home
Delve are currently working with an innovative machine build company, part of a larger global group, who are looking for a Senior Buyer with engineering buying experience to join their small Purchasing team.
Reporting into the Purchasing Manager, you will be part of a small team responsible for purchasing mechanical and electronic parts i.e. fabricated and CNC mechanical parts. They are taking a more proactive approach so you will be getting involved in more of a strategic focus with their supplier base.
- Show initiative in defining a need for the business, sourcing, quoting and leading negotiations in line with company demand
- Be able to influence decision making with both internal and external stakeholders
- Be the point of contact between suppliers and internal customers
- Working closely with internal stakeholders and the Purchasing Manager to understand the business requirements and help to translate into a sourcing strategy
- Lead the sourcing of fabricated and CNC mechanical parts
- Resolving urgent component shortages
- Running MRP on a regular and timely basis
- Negotiating with suppliers to achieve cost reduction targets
- Resolving all invoice queries
- Ensuring all part records are kept up to date with latest prices / volume discounts etc
- Resolving any delivery discrepancies promptly and working with suppliers to minimise future discrepancies
- 3 years + experience within a manufacturing environment
- CIPS qualified or working towards
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Competent with MS Word and Excel
- Desire to gain more responsibility, not be afraid to get involved
- Must have a great, proactive attitude and personality
- Willing to learn and develop
You will receive a salary of £32k-£38k dependant on experience along with their company package including death in service x 4, 25 days holidays + bank holidays, company pension up to employee 6% contribution, company sick pay after 3 months. They also have true flexible working hours with core hours 10am-3pm and have adapted to working from home circa 2 days a week. They have a great, clean working environment and friendly team, this is a great opportunity to join a great business!
If this seems like the ideal opportunity for you, please don’t hesitate to apply.