£40-45k Per Annum
8 months ago
£35,000 - £45,000
The company offer world-leading engineering solutions according to customer requirement. If you like a fast paced environment with innovative and bespoke design this is ideal for you.
They design, manufacture and complete installations globally. This is an opportunity to join a fast growing developing team with good career potential.
The company are looking for someone who is familiar with designing fabricated and machined components or designing electromechanical products from a mechanical point of view. We are also looking for someone who is dynamic in their approach to design and enjoys being a member of a wider team.
You will need to be familiar with design for manufacture and understand the production process.
- Design and drafting of the product range.
- Complete stress analysis (FEA)
- Preparation and issue of Bills of Material, Design Verification plans
- Liaison with all other departments as required
- Submission of complete design solutions after conception and generation of proposals to the Design Authority for approval as required
- Feasibility studies and presentation of concept plans for new enquiries and product developments
- Support with technical instructions for manuals on new and existing products
- The sourcing of technical components and equipment for special projects
- Control of standard components drawing and supporting information issuing to shop floor, ensuring production drawings for standard components are current and up to date
- Responsible for raising engineering changes to standard component drawings
- Preparation of all relevant project information and technical backup
- Travel to customer locations as required, including potential overnight stays
- Provide support and assistance to junior Technical staff team members
- Self-motivated and flexible approach to role
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality and BS888 Drafting standards
- Solidworks Professional/Premium CAD package experience preferred, other leading CAD package experience accepted
- Solidworks FEA or similar package experience
- PDM and ERP/MRP experience
- Engineering Degree or HTEC (HNC) in Mechanical and/or Production Engineering preferred or equivalent
- 5 years experience in relevant comparable position