£45000 - £60000 per annum
12 days ago
Lead Engineer - Research and Development - Liverpool
£50,000 - £60,000 depending on experience + BONUS + excellent benefits package
- High volume injection moulded products.
- First generation products - highly innovative environment, global innovation hub.
- Two new patents filed a month.
- Taking projects from concept to completion - a lot of autonomy to innovate.
Our client is a global specialist in the design, development and manufacture of medical devices. They are owned by a global organisation who are investing in innovation at our clients site in the North-West to develop the next generation of products, which is where this position comes in.
Our client is looking for a Research and Development Engineer who is highly creative and innovative, someone who is used to coming up with new concepts, prototypes and researching new technologies for next-generation products. This is not a management role, however, is considered a key role within the business and you will be given what resources you need to develop new products. There are various opportunities open at different levels within design and development, so don't hesitate to apply, although you do need at least two years experience in either design or development.
It is important that you have experience in (although all not essential):
- Degree qualified mechanical engineer.
- Experience in development from the concept stage.
- Excellent knowledge of engineering principals.
- Knowledge of medical devices or plastic injection moulded products would be an advantage.
- Experience with SolidWorks or other 3D software.
- Experience doing engineering and hand calculations.
The people really make this business and the culture is very unique, it is the type of business where you walk through the doors and everyone smiles at you and wants to help. Many of the employees also have similar hobbies within engineering such as building and re-building cars and motorcycles so it's a nice environment to be in.
If you are interested in hearing more detail, please apply or get in touch with James Taylor at Delve Recruitment Ltd.
Other job titles: chief engineer, design engineer, development engineer, applications engineer, lead engineer, technical support engineer, materials engineer, materials scientist, R&D, research and development.