£35000 - £42000 per annum
3 months ago
Senior Mechanical Design & Development Engineer - Research & Development Department
£35,000 - £42,000 depending on level of experience.
Leading supplier of bespoke equipment for the automotive industry.
- Requires good hands-on engineering knowledge.
- If you are passionate about cars, this company will be perfect for you.
We are representing a unique engineering client who design, develop and manufacture bespoke equipment for the automotive industry, working with world-renowned brands such as Ferrari, Lotus and JLR.
Job Purpose: To work on the design and development of bespoke, machined parts for thre automotive industry, dealing with customers and managing the project from concept to completion.
In terms of your background, you will need to have worked in design or development for a approx 5 years at least, and have experience designed bespoke equipment.
- Degree, HNC or HND in Mechanical Engineering would be highly beneficial.
- Good knowledge of Inventor or SolidWorks software.
- Good knowledge of engineering calculations and GD&Ts.
- Desire to develop and grow within the role and business and have an interest in research and development.
- Able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholder.
- Team Player yet self-sufficient
Good people skills
In Return: The people really make this business and the culture is very unique, it is the type of business where you walk through the doors and everyone smiles at you and wants to help. Many of the employees also have similar hobbies in engineering such as building and rebuilding cars and motorcycles so it's a nice environment to be in.
This is a very important appointment, our client has been very successful in building a pro-active, positive and "can do" environment, it is key that the right person has the same attributes. If you are interested in hearing more detail about this opportunity, please apply direct or email James Taylor at DELVE Recruitment.
Relevant job titles: Development Engineer, Design Engineer, Engineering Technician, Technician, Apprentice, Graduate Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Service Engineer.