£38000 - £42000 per annum
4 months ago
Senior Test Engineer (Automotive)
£38,000 - £42,000 | Commutable from Lancaster, Blackpool, Blackburn, Preston, Wigan
NOTE: It is easy to make assumptions about an opportunity based on an advert, please don't hesitate to give James Taylor a call at DELVE Recruitmnt Ltd and we'll do out best to answer any of your questions.
- Leading supplier of bespoke equipment for the automotive industry.
- Requires good hands-on engineering test knowledge.
- If you are passionate about cars, this company will be perfect for you.
- This is a succession plan into a management position.
We are representing a unique engineering client who design, develop and manufacture bespoke equipment for the automotive industry, working with world-renowned brands such as Ferrari, Lotus and JLR.
Job Purpose: To act as a Lead Test Engineer in the team, still working hands on but this is the first step on the management ladder, so you will be helping to set tasks on a daily basis within an automotive test facility.
In terms of your background, you will need to have a good track record of working in a Test Engineer role. This will include designing test rigs, running test cells/beds and running your own projects.
- Degree, HNC or HND in Engineering would be highly beneficial, or from an apprenticeship background.
- Need have good track record working as a test engineer.
- Good hands-on engineering skills either in testing, machining, maintenance, stripping engines down (could be from a forces background).
- Desire to develop and grow within the role and business and have an interest in research and development.
- Able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Team Player yet self-sufficient
- Good people skills
In Return: The people really make this business and the culture is very unique, it is the type of business where you walk through the doors and everyone smiles at you and wants to help. Many of the employees also have similar hobbies in engineering such as building and rebuilding cars and motorcycles so it's a nice environment to be in.
This is a very important appointment, our client has been very successful in building a pro-active, positive and "can do" environment, it is key that the right person has the same attributes.
If you are interested in hearing more detail about this opportunity, please apply direct or email James Taylor at DELVE Recruitment.
Relevant job titles: Test Engineer, Applications Engineer, Test & Development Engineer, Development Engineer, Design Engineer, Engineering Technician, Technician, Apprentice, Graduate Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Service Engineer.