£50,000 - £56,000
18 days ago
£50,000 - £56,000
This is an opportunity to join an innovative and creative team who design automation solutions to the pharmaceutical industry. The business is based in Brighton and design cutting edge automation technologies for the pharmaceutical industry.
They supply into hospitals and pharmacies to deliver solutions to meet the ever-evolving challenges of healthcare services.
This will give you the opportunity to develop advanced automation, predictive intelligence, and expert services. The organisation encourages individual development, rewards intellectual curiosity, and embraces an inclusive environment.
Software Engineer - Applications
We are looking for an experienced professional who participates in leading, creating and extending current projects.
You will need to be a highly skilled developer who can apply industry and corporate best practices to produce quality applications. This person applies their practical and theoretical knowledge from Computer Science and previous experience. This person works as part of a team to design and develop new products as well as maintain current portfolio.
- Collaborate with product management to understand business requirements and plan products and features
- Work as part of a team to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Assist in providing technical leadership for the architecture, design, and implementation of software solutions
- Aid in code reviews for fellow team members, as required
- Create unit tests to help ensure code quality throughout the application’s life cycle
- Analyse and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources once deployed
- Continue to improve code quality by tracking, reducing and avoiding technical debt
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Significant experience building web-based applications and RESTful API’s
- Experience in many of the following areas:
- o Deploying service oriented and microservices architectures
- o Building event-driven architectures using messaging systems/service bus, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
- o Shipping new features in a SPA environment.
- o Deploying applications in the public cloud using technologies like Azure, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Thoughtful about creating the right architecture but realising the realities of having customers and the need to shipping software.
- Enjoy helping mentor junior engineers.
- Understand agile and enjoy working in 2-week release cycles.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience in software engineering
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Master’s degree in Engineering/IT/Computer Science preferred
- 4+ years of Experience in C# and the .NET Framework
- o 6 months+ experience in .Net Core
- 3+ years of experience with a microservices architecture
- 1+ years of experience in Angular 4 or above
- 1+ years of public cloud experience
- 1+ year experience healthcare or pharmaceutical experience working with interfaces such as HL7, FHIR. EDI and working with PHI.
- 1+ year of inventory / warehouse management