£40,000 - £50,000
18 days ago
£40,000 - £50,000
This is an opportunity to join an innovative and creative team who design automation solutions to the pharmaceutical industry. The business is based in Brighton and design cutting edge automation technologies for the pharmaceutical industry.
They supply into hospitals and pharmacies to deliver solutions to meet the ever-evolving challenges of healthcare services.
This will give you the opportunity to develop advanced automation, predictive intelligence, and expert services. The organisation encourages individual development, rewards intellectual curiosity, and embraces an inclusive environment.
The Software Test Engineer is an experienced professional who participates in leading, creating and extending quality practices throughout the products. This person applies their practical and theoretical knowledge from Computer Science and previous experience. This person works as part of a team to design and develop effective test strategies and tools as well as maintain current portfolio. You use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote proper engineering practice, bug prevention strategies, testability, accessibility, privacy, and other advanced quality concepts across products.
- Participate in all test aspects of the product development lifecycle from gathering requirements to functional, system and regression testing.
- Create and review test cases to maximise potential for automated test execution
- Implement programmatic tests at varying scope (component integration, system integration, performance…)
- Effectively isolate and analyse defects providing detailed steps and conditions or defect reproduction.
- Design and implement tools and frameworks to simplify test development, including simulators/mocks and data generators including integration into our CI platform.
- Assess, evaluate, and lead the usage of new tools and testing methodologies
- Provide peer feedback in design and code reviews
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Programming experience in one or more object-oriented languages
- Experience creating automation tests and leveraging test frameworks interfacing with some of the following:
- o RESTful services
- o Message Queues
- o Relational Databases
- o Web Applications
- Understanding of TDD, BDD, and data-driven test practices
- Experience testing and validating SaaS based solutions at scale.
- Passionate about mentoring junior engineers.
- A can-do attitude and ability to make a positive impact on our culture
- Ability to always put the customer first.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience in software engineering
- 3+ Years’ experience with software automation testing: white & black box, functional, and system testing.
- M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other engineering fields of study
- 1+ Years' experience with UI test tools
- 1+ Years' experience in web and native mobile app testing tools
- 1+ Years' experience interfacing with CI/CD tools
- 1+ Years’ experience in designing end to end test automation for Big Data and Cloud applications
- 1+ Years’ experience in cloud technologies like CloudFront, Kubernetes, Docker, VPC, Octopus, etc.
- 1+ Years' experience creating performance and scalability tests using JMeter, BlazeMeter
- 1+ Years’ experience with automation testing of microservices and Restful API's
- 1+ Years’ Healthcare or pharmaceutical experience working with interfaces such as HL7, FHIR. EDI and working with PHI