The Company is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients and work-seekers. The Company must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that it can provide these services – in doing so, the Company acts as a data controller.
You may give your personal details to the Company directly, such as on an application or registration form or via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as a jobs board. The Company must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
1. Collection and use of personal data
a. Purpose of processing and legal basis
The Company has collected your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) and will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. The legal bases we rely upon to offer these services to you are:
1. Consent of the individual for one or more specific purposes.
2. Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the individual or in order to take steps at the request of the individual to enter into a contract.
3. Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that the controller is subject to.
4. Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the individual or another person.
5. Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the data controller.
6. Processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by the controller or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights or freedoms of the individual which require protection of personal data, in particular where the individual is a child.
b. Categories of data
The Company has collected the following personal data on you:
- Date of Birth
- Contact details, including telephone number, email address and postal address
- Experience, training and qualifications
- National insurance number
c. Legitimate interest
Where the Company has relied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests is/are as follows:
· To find and introduce new permanent employment or contract opportunities
d. Recipient/s of data
The Company will process your personal data and/or sensitive personal data with the following recipients:
· Clients who may be interested in hiring for someone with your skills and qualifications Umbrella/Payroll companies you need to pursue a contract opportunity
2. Overseas Transfers
The Company may transfer only the information you provide to us to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. We will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information. The EEA comprises the EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
3. Data retention
The Company will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. Different laws require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, require us to keep work-seeker records for at least one year from (a) the date of their creation or (b) after the date on which we last provide you with work-finding services.
We must also keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation.
Where the Company has obtained your consent to process your personal data, we will do so in line with our retention policy (a copy of which is attached). Upon expiry of that period the Company will seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted the Company will cease to process your personal
4. Your rights
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
· The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
· The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
· The right to rectification of your personal data;
· The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
· The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
· The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
· The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
· The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
· The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to the Company processing your personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting any staff member on 01606 212020.
5. Source of the personal data
The Company sourced your personal data/sensitive personal data by the following means:
- A relevant job board where you have registered your CV.
- This information came from a publicly accessible source.
6.Complaints or queries
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact: If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or
any of the procedures set out in it please contact: Rob Bemment – Managing Director, 01606 212020
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.